Sunday, June 16, 2013

By the Sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea...


Been in the sea 3 times so far this week! Water is a bit cool yet, but clear and is so healing.  Malta has Asian Tiger Mosquitos and they love me! Mike, not so much, actually, not at all.   I, and some others take a bad reaction to the bites and the hydrocortisone cream seemed to make it worse, for me anyway.  Terrible itch, you want to scratch till you bleed, swelling and a hot red rash (that circles my 
calf nearly all the way around) that can't be helped I guess.   I went to the Poly Clinic and the Dr.   recommended a 24 hr. Antihistamine tablet and ice which helped only a bit.   A natural bug spray does only a little to deter the little blood suckers, unless you want something with DEET.  DEET! ?? The locals use some natural remedies that gave me some relief.  I've tried vinegar and toothpaste and the sea.  Not all at once or together! Today's 3rd.  dip  cooled the bites down to a pink rash.

Toni and Marlene at Marsamxette
Just recently summer has arrived after days of cooler, more comfortable temperatures. The temperature was close to 35C so they say, and the sun is dangerously hot.  You need protection for your skin and eyes which quickly can burn.
Well, it's dusk now, people are still in the sea just below us and small camps are set up along the sea front with little fires that are actually burning my eyes right now.  Must keep the windows open for the sea breeze as light as it is for a bit of relief.   Oh, forget it.  Close the windows and turn on the oscillating fan.  So, bye for now and keep well...
local time is 21:14

No comments:

Post a Comment