Friday, April 29, 2016

FRIDAY, APRIL 29-16



FRIDAY, APRIL 29-16, 8:03 am Awoke to the sound of huge waves hitting the break walls this morning. The wind is up and the sky is a bit hazy but getting sunnier. Thought I might do some laundry (yes, I do laundry) but not sure with so much sea churned up how quickly they will dry.  I'll give it a go.  Just using the exceedingly small washers (about the size of our bar fridges) is a challenge to figure out, but I've done it before and I'll do it again.  Otherwise, relaxing today, trying to connect with Bible Baptist Church to set up transportation.
            AND I am finally re-connected with my laptop.  A whole week without.  Terrible how deep the disconnect is felt.  Can't re-charge an e-reader, or  my cousin's mobile phone, my cell phone - nothing.  Each day I would compose in my head what I would be posting, but now of course it's all lost.  I'm trying to catch up with some of the happenings in some kind of order.  We are still bringing in our miscellaneous supplies, so I didn't have a little note book, you know, to record the old fashioned way, my little mental explosions that, like fireworks, make a very brief appearance then disappear completely.  Now that I'm hands on again I can begin to compose when the muse appears so that when I go down to our favourite CafĂ©, Don Giovan, or to our friends' flat while they are here,  I will get online and post.  This will be a longer post than usual, but in future I'll keep them brief - I think I can, I think I can.   
 
Ciao from Marsaskala

No comments:

Post a Comment