Tuesday, May 3, 2016

I KNOW I'M SMALL...BUT SMALLER?




SUNDAY MAY 1-16 7:03 pm Greetings and blessings to Lobo.  We were at Bible Baptist Church this morning. Pastor Joe and Jenny Mifsud welcomed us with open arms, hugs and kisses.  How wonderful to connect with the people here who have become so dear to us.  We see much growth and many changes.  The auditorium is packed with both local Maltese and those from around the world who are working here now or holidaying. Portuguese, Asian, those from U.K. and more.  The whole auditorium has been rearranged to accommodate the growing numbers and we praise the Lord with them.  I'm guessing about 100 people now. The lectern is moved back and practically in the baptismal tank with very little room to push back any further and there is standing room only until the children are dismissed for their Church time.  What a wonderful dilemma for them.  God has provided new musicians too; most recently a guitar/keyboard player, a violinist as well as two lovely young voices, to join Jenny's on their Praise Team.  
            Ministry continues to grow and has spread to Malta's sister island of Gozo.  They now have a weekly bible study in Gozo along with weekly study and pizza at BBC in Malta.  A Pastor and wife are coming soon to join Pastor Joe and Jenny, Faith Bible Ministry continues the 3 year study programme (with exams at the end) and visits to different neighbourhoods of the islands inviting folks to BBC happens every Saturday.  Free transport to the church is still provided as part of the ministry of BBC to anyone who requires it.     The church is praying and waiting for approval and funds to finish some of their building projects; some we learned of on our first visit to BBC in 2008, but God has blessed; there is much going on.   
            As is usual at BBC, Pastor Joe welcomes all and "hands up please" to first time visitors.  Joe continues to welcome people to BBC and I half listen.  I hear words like welcome, friends, Mike and Antoinette, singer, music ministry and then realize he's talking about me. We're asked to stand and we are welcomed by the congregation.  It is always a surprise to be publicly recognized.  I feel very unworthy and small-er and very grateful to God for the ability He's given me, all at the same time.  I really am shy...small, to feeling smaller.  I take a big breath, stand and smile.
            The service was wonderful with uplifting, joyful singing and a powerful spirit filled message and we celebrate the Lord's table.  It was good to be in the Lord's house today.  As we were leaving, I was stopped by Jenny who said they were anticipating our return and I was introduced to one of the musicians.   So, we can continue to serve the Lord and His people here in Malta as He allows. How blessed can one person be?  I am so joyful I am without words and  so, I'll just sing!  

Ciao, 

No comments:

Post a Comment