Sunday, May 12, 2013

Hold on to your Hats

Well, it's been a number of days since posting.  I'll try to make my blogs short. Lots to catch up on.  I have a cold, Mike is just getting over his and no more will be said, except that for us an early Malta vacation cold seems to be required. 
     I will never again complain about our potholes in the road.  They are so wretched here that riding the bus is tempting total damage to your spine, particularly to the upper neck and sometimes to the lower back.  You can be bumped right out of your seat and harshly drop down again.  And to make it worse, you could be riding facing where you just left-backwards!  As you have seen Malta roads are quite narrow and these huge buses have to navigate them which is one problem of a different sort.  These buses did not suit London, England apparently, so of course they are suited to Malta's narrow roads.  Who decided that?  Also, it seems the harsh road conditions (remember, no frost here) have done an amazing job of rendering the shock absorbers - oh, wait, what shock absorbers.   When riding the buses, hold onto your hats/heads!

     I will fast forward a bit to let you all know, I have my red geraniums on my balcony thanks to my cousin Charles and his generosity.  Today after Sunday lunch he offered a drive around the island and with a hasty request from me, could we stop at the greenhouse as we swiftly drove by it, he turned and well-red geraniums on my balcony!. (read bal con eeeeey spoken in a lilting sort of way)  I am so thrilled.  Thanks Chal' and Marlene.  Makes my cold seem so much better looking out to my lovely red geraniums.  Happy Mother's Day to all you happy mothers!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment