Monday, May 13, 2013

IS DANCING & TWIRLING ALLOWED?


     Today I danced and twirled alone around our flat's kitchen to Richie Valen's 'La Bamba'.  The sun is shining, the sea sparkles, the cool breeze is light from the west.  I had just been sitting and reading on our balcony enjoying it all-and my red geraniums.  How blessed we are and very thankful.  Typically, Monday is a quiet stay at home day after our practice of experiencing a different fine restaurant Saturday evenings for a late supper, up early for church service on Sunday morning and all afternoon with family.  Added to that, was our lovely drive along the coast Sunday.   Did I mention my newly acquired red geraniums? (I think you get the idea how thrilled I am about my - red geraniums). 
     The bells still ring at Sant Anna church and echo through the village of Marsaskala; 48 peels at 6:45 a.m., the melody at 8:00 a.m., and again at noon.  48 peels ring out at 5:00 p.m. as well and more.  They become such a part of the sounds mingled with birds chirping, feral cats mewing and car tires squealing that you hardly pay attention any longer at least to the times.   I must keep better note of the what actually occurs.  It's just lovely to hear regardless.

p.s. We will be taking a two day, one night hop over to Venice, early June, with my cousing Charles and wife Marlene. They came to church with us when they were visiting last summer. (who hops over to Venice? I can hardly believe I can say that here, never mind actually doing it.)   Who can say we are not enjoying some special treats from our heavenly Father? Not us certainly. 

Keep well and know you are loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment