Thursday, April 4, 2013

Today I spent time deciding which w/c paints to take - that took a bit of consideration  and have decided on a limited warm palette since the landscape in Malta is very warm. Quin red, scarlet pyrolle or pyrene (i think that's the name; quite an orange-red), quin burnt orange instead of burnt sienna, raw sienna & indian yellow, Fr. Ultramarine, cobalt blue &  turquoise, mineral violet, and added  perm. rose as my cool blue-red just for contrast, but mostly warm colours. I did throw in Quin. magenta and opera just for fun. In the end, it was pretty much the palette I use most often any way except for the opera (does make a fabulous neon funky orange!). 2 reds, 2 blues, 2 yellows, and as extras 1 cool red, phthalo turquoise, a violet, magenta and opera. Should work really well. Just need to sort brushes and some paper to start off with. I can buy my fav there, Bockingford 250 cp but might end up using Arches 140 cp.   The acrylics are so heavy, but those colours have been edited too and are being packed regardless.  I may end up with very few clothes in my case, but I can't even begin to think about leaving all these supplies behind for the next 3 months! 
 
 
 
 
Across the Harbour, pastel on watercolour paper 15"x5"
I did pack some pastels in a small box to take since I did a quick experiment this morning on a scrap of acrylic coated watercolour paper.  Don't use pastels too much, hence my technique is a mess but I do love a painting in pastel. Wasn't going to, but since they were out...you know.    I've also sorted some graphite pencils and must remember to grab an empty journal or two off  my book shelf.   Must get on with things for now, but will stay in touch.
Keep well and God Bless,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment